Saturday, April 28, 2007

OK Go

is FANTASTIC live!! I suggest EVERYONE go see them. Even if you don't like them or don't know who they are, you would have a GREAT time at one of their shows. It was DEFINITELY the BEST concert I've ever been to, and that's saying a lot (considering I've seen The Used, 30 Seconds To Mars, Green Day, Saosin, Jimmy Eat World and Sullivan, to name a few...).


The show started at 7:30, with a local Champaign/Urbana band playing. They were pretty good. It was funny because they had played around seven songs and still hadn't told us their name, so this random girl yells out, "WHO ARE YOU!?". They told us. I forgot.


Paris and I were EXTREMELY excited when OK Go came out. They played ALL of my favorites ("Invincible", "You're So Damn Hot", "A Million Ways", "Don't Ask Me", "Television, Television", "Get Over It", "Here It Goes Again" and "Do What You Want".) And of course, they played a LOT more songs than just those.


At one point, they all came down to the middle isle and everyone crowded around them and they played a few songs acoustically like that. It was really cool because it made it feel like they were human, too. You know, when you go see a band you love in concert and they're on the stage the whole time... they seem almost like they aren't real. Or the seem inhuman or something. Or maybe I'm just crazy.


When they played "Don't Ask Me", they threw tamborines out into the audience. I just thought that was worthy of mentioning.


At one point, Damian was talking to the crowd, and then he just says "Did you just say 'take your pants off?' I'm starting to wonder what we mean to you people. I mean, I know we're those assholes from the treadmill video, but I didn't think we were strippers." And there was another time when he was mentioning how slippery the stage was. That was entertaining.


They played their "last" song, ("Here It Goes Again"). I was kind of unfufilled, because they still hadn't played "Do What You Want", which was what me and Paris were most excited to see. But everyone still clapped and cheered and screamed even after they walked off stage. The lights didn't turn back on. People kept screaming. And finally, after about two minutes of non-stop cheering, they came back out. They played a cover of a song, and then they played "Do What You Want" for the real last song. Me and Paris were so happy. We were standing in the isle instead of our seats with a ton of other people, so we were dancing and singing and everyone was having a great time.

Oh and sorry the pictures are so crappy and pixely. I was using a camera phone.
Happy Blogging. (and concert-going!)


No comments: