Sunday, April 29, 2007

Going To A Sullivan Show Is Like Taking A Shower.

Played at the Edge yesterday with Fesseden and the Fall of Icarus. Great show.

Krista and I got there a little before seven, when the show was supposed to start. But you know how it is... always a half an hour late. I introduced her to all my friends there. No one she knew was there. But that's most likely because it was Schlarman's prom tonight, and everyone was there.

We decided to head over to Sullivan's merch table because we both really wanted t-shirts and I was also supposed to buy one for Paris, since mom wouldn't let her come with me and Krista to the show. It was awesome, because Brooks (the singer of Sullivan) was selling the shirts. We talked to him for a little while, bought our shirts (mine's gray with kind of a blue x-ray of a man in a suit and the one I bought for Paris is back with white, blue and green designs. they both say "Sullivan", of course...) and then headed over to the stage.

The Fall of Icarus played first. They were pretty good... not really my style, though. But still good.

Next came Fesseden, who are really great. I don't
own any of their music or anything, but I always enjoy seeing them. They also sang this awesome song that went like this, "Pray for snacks, thank God when you get 'em 'cause people in *insert impoverished country name here* don't always get snacks." It was cool.

And finally, Sullivan played!! Krista and I were standing right at the front of the stage. At one point, the bass player was playing so close to us, I thought he was going to hit us with his bass! And, of course, Brooks did that thing where he throws water all over the place. Going to a Sullivan show is like taking a shower. Minke got hit with a water bottle first, and then the same bottle bounced off her and hit me in the head! I suppose I could consider it an honor. And at least the bottles aren't glass!

I took many pictures and videos with my phone. Of course, they all suck, but I tried. I really need a new camera.
Happy Blogging.

No comments: